An Orchard Park couple is grateful to be alive after a fire destroyed their home and all of their belongings inside.
Rick and Jen Felser experienced the devastating fire on Tuesday, March 6 on Ferndale Avenue, off of Milestrip Road. They are both OK, but Rick had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
“Your life can change in a split second. My second mom and dad’s home went up in flames this evening. Even though they are all safe, it’s devastating. Thank you to Orchard Park, Hillcrest, Newton Abbott, Windom and Scranton for your service and hard work to put out the fire. We are grateful for all your efforts, and thanking the Lord they are all safe. If you can continue to say prayers to Rick and Jen, it would mean a lot to me,” said Chelsea Gill in a Facebook post.
A couple who many say would do anything for anyone, friends are now raising funds to help relieve some financial stress. Amazingly enough, more than $5,000 has been raised in just one day.
If you would like to make a donation to help the Felsers, visit www.gofundme.com/aid-for-the-felsers.