Our friends at the P.U.N.T. Foundation are doing amazing things again, this time collecting purses to raise funds to help the many children battling cancer who the organization serves.
Founded by former Buffalo Bills punter Brian Moorman, P.U.N.T. is a public charity that helps to provide financial and emotional support to families who must hear the words: “Your child has cancer.” Families of these children are often financially devastated after diagnosis, due to job loss or inability to work and numerous other unanticipated costs. P.U.N.T. has grown to become a critical source of support by providing meals, rent, utility payments, gas cards, numerous family outings and trips and Christmas presents. P.U.N.T. also assists with funeral expenses for every family that needs them and provides bereavement support.
The “Purses for P.U.N.T.” fundraiser helps further this mission. Last year the organization was able to collect over 1,509 gently used and new purses and made them available for purchase at an event that featured numerous exquisite baskets for auction, a designer purse raffle, and hors d’oeuvres.
The second annual “Purses for P.U.N.T” event will be held Friday, March 20 at Brookfield Country Club in Clarence and they need the community’s support.
You can help by providing:
1) Basket raffle donation of goods and services
2) For the “wine pull event,” donate bottles of wine or liquors. (At the event, for a $29 donation, guests can pull a number which will win them a bottle to take home. Some wallets or purses might be attached as an added bonus!
3) Donations of new or like new quality handbags, totes, wallets or clutches. They are aiming to increase the number of designer handbags, but any handbag is graciously accepted.
4) A corporate sponsorship – any business that donates $259 or more will be noted on signage throughout the event, and will be publicly acknowledged as well on social media posts and advertising done for the event.
5) A personal monetary gift of any amount, perhaps in memory of a loved one.
Drop off locations for new or like new quality handbags, wallets or clutches include:
Elle Aire Buffalo, 8212 Main St., Clarence
Forestrean Pediatrics, LLP, 4712 Transit Road, Depew
Innovation Center Buffalo, 640 Ellicott St., Buffalo
Cheri Amour Unique Gifts and Jewelry Boutique. 522 Center St., Lewiston
Studio 14120 Salon & Spa, 603 Division St., Suite 31, North Tonawanda
The Perfect Gift in Clarence Center, 6000 Goodrich Road in Clarence
Our Lady of Peace Church, 10950 Main St., Clarence
St. Mary’s Church, 6919 Transit Road, East Amherst
All That Jazz Salon and Day Spa, 3242 Military Road, Niagara Falls
Salon Allure, 5330 Main St., Williamsville
Rebel Ride, 6449 Transit Road, East Amherst
University Pediatric Dentistry, 1100 Main St., Buffalo
More info for event on Facebook here: https://facebook.com/events/s/purses-for-punt-shopping-event/489397741888010/?ti=icl
Purchase tickets here: https://one.bidpal.net/pursesforpunt/ticketing.